[Nottingham] Ubuntu + Amazon

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Tue Dec 11 23:01:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Martin Garton wrote:
> At work, several Ubuntu users dislike [$foo]

Awesome, don't use $foo.  The important thing is to have the
opportunity to run Free Software and to run or customise whatever
combination is wished.

> have now switched

Awesome.  The important thing is to have the opportunity to run Free
Software and to execute whatever combination is desired.

> I'm haven't heard of many folks switching TO ubuntu for a while though..

Remember everybody "switching to Linux" in embedded devices several
years ago;  once it's ubiquious, it's implicit, and somewhat unstated.

It's perfectly find to use, or not use, Free Software.  Shouting it
down apparent functionality, when the source code is there to read, is
perhaps unhelpful though.

	-Paul