[Nottingham] Redshift

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:08:59 UTC 2012

Rory mentioned this at the Chrimbo meal and I thought I'd give it a go.
  It's a wee tool that adjusts the colour temperature of the screen via
xrandr to better match daylight and (maybe) result in less eye-strain.
Or just for geeky creds.
http://jonls.dk/redshift/

If you are using Ubuntu 12.10 (or anything derived from that I guess)
there is a bit of a bug and it won't start (some issue with geoclue -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/geoclue/+bug/1060645 )

But you can start it by just banging in long:lat like this:
	redshift -l 5.9:-1.1

gtk-redshift can be started the same way

Those values are approximate for Nottingham.

--
Jason Irwin