[Nottingham] NottLUG/.

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 15:08:09 UTC 2012

On 06/02/12 14:45, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 06/02/12 13:48, Martin wrote:
>> How zat?!
> Fantastic!

Good giggle. Glad you liked it :-)

> Eva and I spent an amusing evening pushing cars up Mansfield Road.  We
> gave up after six because no matter how many time we said "Second gear,
> low revs" they would pop it into first and floor it.

Sarah and myself had a good giggle at the utter ineptness of some on the
negligible slope of Sainsbury's car park. How /can/ you possibly get
stuck on the flat in just a small sprinkling of snow?!... (And then two
people tried pushing but only one handed at a time! Duh!!)

I guess the "floor it" is just the Sheep-Ignorance syndrome again.
Understanding the concept of sliding friction being much less than
static contact friction is way way beyond their understanding. Too much
"Starsky-and-Hutch" and "Dukes-of-Hazard"
spin-the-wheels-for-blue-smoke-fun cheap idiocy from crap TV that has
indoctrinated all the sheep puddle-brains how to drive?... All to
everyone's inconvenience.

I guess some consider the scream of engine and wheels to be more fun
than actually getting home. All for the sake of a bit of a story in the
pub?... My tactic to get such idiots out of the way is to simply tell
them that if they spin their wheels, they don't get a push.

Perhaps we need to rejuvenate peoples' brains with a "SWITCH OFF TV!"
campaign...

martin at ml1.co.uk