[Nottingham] The Micro rides again?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:50:24 UTC 2012

I am taking this story with a very large pinch of salt.  Very large
indeed, especially as when the story first appeared it was all a hoax.

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/raspberry-pi-to-run-bbc-micro-2/

Eclipse is a bit of a slow and bloated bugger at times (I use it daily)
but it does have many good things going for it and it is good to see the
Beeb (maybe) getting behind a project like this again.

Are the next Braben and Bell going to be unearthed?

Will the project even be permitted to go ahead, or will it be attacked
as being "anti-competitive" or even classed as an abuse of the Beeb's
monopoly position?

I should start a blog...I'd be the IT Eeyore. :-)

--
Jason Irwin

ps.  Oi!  Braben!  Where the ****ing **** is Elite 4?  Get a grip man,
get it written.