[Nottingham] Google morphing into a pan-dimensional "facebook"?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:00:29 UTC 2012

On 28/01/12 01:16, Martin wrote:
> Surely you mean GPG?...
The add-on for Thunderbird I have is called "OpenPGP" and supported by
"Enigmail" from Mozilla which does use a GPG library.  I installed it
and used it twice because no one else on the planet uses it. :)

I was going to call it GPG, but as the add-on itself is advertised with
"PGP" in the name, I thought that more apt.  Either way, I doubt one can
use them in Outlook without paying squillions for add-ons, so their use
remains moot (Outlook is the standard email client and all shall obey
its whims).

Maybe we need a talk on secure email, keys, key-siging etc, using public
keys in services etc?

> Are there enough of us to hire say three "NLUG" hosts in three different
> datacentres?
I don't think so, judging by the numbers who turn up for the talks!
*wags cyber-finger of shame at the lurkers*

Now I've said that, they're all going to turn up and start asking
awkward questions...

--
Jason Irwin