[Nottingham] "ntpq -p" displayed flags

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 18:40:16 UTC 2012

Folks,

> I've webbed up what I've gleaned so far:
>
> “ntpq -p” output
> http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2012/01/ntpq-p-output/831

Various additions made to:

“ntpq -p” output
http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2012/01/ntpq-p-output/831

Unexpectedly, it gets well up the first page on a Google search. Or is
that just Google customising their search results specially for my eyes
only?

> Corrections and further details welcomed. Can anyone comment to clear up
> the “?”s and answer whether the jitter value is the range or a +/- value?
>

> Fill in the gaps?

Still a few questions in there for unknowns/inconsistencies. Anyone know?

Its a wide ranging fun subject, if you have the time! (Could do with a
lot more of the stuff in the near term... :-( )

Hope of interest,

martin at ml1.co.uk