[Nottingham] [Talk] Wednesday 04/07/2012: Easy as Raspberry Pi

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 12:03:56 UTC 2012

On 02/07/12 13:55, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> To continue the Raspberry Pi feast this week:
>

> Easy as Raspberry Pi
> http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/event/easy-as-raspberry-pi
>

>     So what does it do and what can you do with it?
>
>     How does it do it? What are “ARM” and “SoC”?
>
>     Why is it called a “Raspberry Pi”?!
>
>     Does it live up to all the hype and world-wide sensation??
>
>     Will it transform two decades of IT schooling stagnation?

And a good feast was had at both the Hackspace event and for our NLUG
talk. It was very good see some new faces and also a few younger
contingent showing great interest and putting the RasPi through its paces.

Further comment on:

A Feast of Raspberry Pi
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/2012/07/a-feast-of-raspberry-pi/3428

And there's further feasting at our next social at:

A Langtry’s Capocci
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/event/a-langtrys-capocci

See ya there!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg