[Nottingham] Mail quoting on email lists *Important SPAM note*

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 13:39:24 UTC 2012

On 11/07/12 14:24, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 11/07/12 14:20, Martin wrote:
>> Now I'm stumped!
>
> There is a cludge - I added David was a contact and set his name
> manually.  Now it just says "David".

Ooooer! Now that's it!

Thunderbird uses whatever is in the received email header, or if you set
in your address book for that user "Always use display name" whatever is
set there for "Display name" is used instead.

>> Whatever, /usually/, the quoting I see is just with whatever email
>> "name" and not the address... As seen above.
>
> I see that where Thunderbird twigs the name. I've just been letting it
> collect stuff, never had to add a contact yet; yeah, I'm that lazy.

Life is too short to wast on all this systems admin stuff! :-(

And there is far too much "secret knowledge" in using IT... :-( :-(

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg