[Nottingham] Email Format - question

David Aldred davidaldred at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 07:51:09 UTC 2012

Well this comes from the gmail web interface and includes the previous
email: that's the default setting (but top-posted).    It's also the
default on the Blackberry (there's no longer a specific gmail Blackberry
app since Blackberry integrated it themselves). I can't answer for the
iPhone plague.

On the web, there's a labs setting which will move your signature to the
top of the previous mail too (like this), so that you don't end up with a
list of signatures at the bottom.  There's also a labs setting which
enables quoting selected text only, which helps with  replying only to key
sections of an incoming email.

David Aldred