[Nottingham] Toasted toaster -> RasPI case or other?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 11:48:56 UTC 2012

On 19/07/12 12:39, Michael Erskine wrote:
[---]
> The Hackspace toaster has wings (naturally!) but is shoddy white
> plastic - whereas this one looks so classy!
>
> I'd like to try a complete internal organs transplant to resurrect
> this toaster if it is still available.

Yes still available.

If you're wanting to keep it *as a toaster* then I have all the
internals but...

The heating element has burnt and vaporised one strand at the bottom. I
never considered it worthwhile to repair as a toaster... Hence the
interconnect wiring was simply snipped during removal.

You're welcome to all the bits. With a replaced heating element, it
could be good to go again.

The existing circuitry likely still works and interrupts the mains after
a set delay. That then de-energises a solenoid which then releases the
toast lift cage to spring up. Surprisingly elaborate.

I can bundle up all the bits for when I next pass by the Hackspace, or
for the next NLUG meet.

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg