[Nottingham] Finger painting mobile device: Oh what to do? (Was: Nottingham Digest, Vol 453, Issue 5)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 09:44:47 UTC 2012

On 20/07/12 09:09, Nigel Page wrote:
> I think I want: a mechanical keyboard, wi-fi but not it's own internet
> connection, but that fingur painting App on the iPad is really fun. Oh
> dear what to do?

That little missive is almost poetic: Oh what to buy?

(Add some Vogon gutturals and an "iGet it" and... :-> Evil grin :-) )

I've found the Acer AspireOne netbook running Linux to be ideal for my
use. The screen is a little too small for long term everyday working,
but then again I got it precisely because it was small and easily
carried in a knapsack. The 2/3rd sized keyboard works very well.
However, I've not seen any equivalents equivalently priced reappear so far.

Next best fit is something like one of the Asus "ePad Transformer"
Androids that are a good spec graphics pad with a clip-on full sized
keyboard. You get the advantage of a keyboard device that has a
touch-screen, and 16 hours or so of battery runtime with the keyboard
(with integral battery) attached.

Likely the best bet is to come along to a meeting and see what the rest
of us are using!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg