[Nottingham] Bletchley Park Visit - now with actual date!

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Sun Jul 29 22:53:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:13:19PM +0100, Jason Irwin wrote:
> The chosen date: Sunday 9th September
>
> Mode of transport: At the moment is is personal automocraptions, but we
> could look into a minibus if numbers warrant and we can get one cheap.
> If we're taking our own vehicles, we can just meet-up at a services or
> Bletchley itself.  If we go by minibus, the driver will need addresses
> and we can sort a pick-up/drop-off route.

I'm definitely interested in visiting the computing museum !  I have
lost the start of this thread so am not sure whether that or a general
BP visit is mooted.  I think you can sometimes get a fuller tour of the
computing section if you let them know in advance.  If we are lucky they
may turn on machines that some of us worked on in our youth (providing
they are working !)
http://www.tnmoc.org/news/current-projects/icl-system-25-restoration-during-2012

I can offer up to three people to take their chances of making it in
my car (risk of not getting there due to car age not driver standards
I hasten to say).

Nick