[Nottingham] Communications Data Bill

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 13:52:34 UTC 2012

On 15/06/12 21:35, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, Jason Irwin wrote:
>
> Here's the draft text for the bill itself:
>
>   "Draft Communications Data Bill" (12 June 2012, but released later)
>   http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/cm83/8359/8359.pdf [1]
>
> and if after carefully reading it, you find anything you would like
> to discuss with your MP, you may use:
>
>   http://www.writetothem.com/

The first steps towards this?

Ethiopia clamps down on Skype and other internet use on Tor
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18461292

#####
"This is a country where surveillance is very important - due to years
of all the conflicts and political rivalry," said Mr Pierre.

"The opposition and the media are being listened to, and people usually
take care when they talk on the phone.
#####

(Yes... I know that the communication /content/ is supposedly not to be
included... Believable?)

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg