[Nottingham] gpgpwd - keeping a commandline passwords list

Paul Tew binarybod at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:49:43 UTC 2012

On 20 June 2012 19:11, James Moore <jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  On 19/06/2012 09:49, Paul Tew wrote:
>
> I got a bigger wrench.
>
> "The passphrase was in my head. Through all this stress I have selective
> amnesia."
>
> What can they do, jail me for forgetting due to the torturous
> interrogation techniques the police employ?
>
> Oh, wait, they've been known to do that. I'm not overly worried.
>
> "What you in for?" "Forgot my passphrase." "BWAAAAAHAHAHAAAA!"

Indeed, I know of two cases where the CPS didn't accept the 'I forgot it'
defence and successfully prosecuted the people concerned. One got 6 months
jail sentence and the other got 2 years. The cases are Nottinghamshire
cases and subject to public record.

Incidentally, if the police use tortuous interrogation techniques then they
commit a criminal offence themselves.

Paul