[Nottingham] Choosing a Printer

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:39:15 UTC 2012

On 27/01/12 19:27, Paul Tew wrote:
> I just bought a little HP Officejet 4500 the other day and I'm chuffed
> to bits with it. The HPLIP drivers work fine on my Sabayon KDE set-up in
> fact they are easier more intuitive and as far as I can see, more
> functional than the Windows drivers that it came with (although
> admittedly I haven't used these as much as the Linux ones)

Hi Paul,

Now that we have exciting things like "floors" and these other new-wave
house features, I can once again try and find a printer.

Is this the one you have?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officejet-4500-All-Printer-Print/dp/tech-data/B00381KG1Q/ref=de_a_smtd
(Amazon list a couple of variants)

Do you use it networked, or via USB?

Took a look at the 6410 and 6500 too, but they are more expensive.

Jason Irwin