[Nottingham] nonplussed

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:58:17 UTC 2012

On 21/03/12 11:16, david at gbenet.com wrote:
> As you have Linux and Thunderbird installed I will give you a guide what to do.
Thanks, I shall try this at lunch.  I have already "Enigmail" installed
and keys set-up but I find it a pain to use*.  It also can't seem to make
it's mind up if it is providing OpenPGP, GPG or S/MIME (or maybe all
these are the same - I didn't find the documentation very clear).

I guess the thing to do is remove everything back to a clean slate and
try again.

J.
*e.g. Just now "pinentry" demanded a password.  Why is the dialog not
titled "Gnu Privacy passphrase entry" or something?  How is a user
supposed to know that "pinentry" is managed via "GNU Privacy Assistant"
and relates to "OpenPGP" in the Thunderbird dialog which is provided by
"Enigmail"?  There's no obvious link in the names!  A consistency in
naming helps an end-user figure out what the heck is going on.

Ooh I appear to be in a moany mood today - I shall try and cheer up
before this evening!