[Nottingham] Media Centre Linux distro?

David Rice riced at david-rice.demon.co.uk
Tue May 8 10:09:13 UTC 2012

I had some discussion with the licensing people when I gave up TV and
asked for a refund.
They said you need a license if you have any machine that can receive a
live broadcast TV signal and display it.
That means if you have software on your PC that can display live TV from
any channel, not just BBC, you need a license.
Even if the software cannot display BBC. The license allows you to
receive and display live TV whatever the source.

Just thought I'd add that since people might think if you don't get BBC
you don't need a license. :)
Regards
David