[Nottingham] Bletchley Park Visit?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:12:39 UTC 2012

This has been kicked around a bit, so I thought I'd thump it one more
time.  Who's up for it?
Me (+1 if there is room left)

I looked up the price of a minibus (Northgate, decent hire place).  Max
17 peeps, £140 for 24 hours, plus fuel, plus entrance fee (£10-£12).  So
assuming 10 people, that's around £30 for the trip.

http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/content/museum1/AddminssionPrices.rhtm

Does anyone else have a better price or access to a minibus (e.g. uni,
community centre, something?)  If enough folks want to go, maybe a coach
would be better (we can dream) and maybe bulk discount would be in the
offing?  I know some Hackspace people are on here, so spread the word!

I am licensed to drive a minibus (anyone who passed their test before
1997 should be OK too) and I even used to be MiDAS (oh er, get me).  But
I have not driven such a vehicle for ages and I tend to channel Ayrton
Senna when driving (I have stories).  So if someone else would rather...

Or maybe en masse by cars?  It's only 90 miles which would work out to
nearer £20 per person (assuming 3-4 people per car and 40mpg).

This email is merely to gauge interest, nothing else at the moment.

Un, un!  Znqr lbh ybbx!

--
Jason Irwin