[Nottingham] Bletchley Park Visit?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed May 9 23:32:40 UTC 2012

Jason,

Good call!

On 09/05/12 22:12, Jason Irwin wrote:
> This has been kicked around a bit, so I thought I'd thump it one more
> time.  Who's up for it?
> Me (+1 if there is room left)

Me +1

> I looked up the price of a minibus (Northgate, decent hire place).  Max
> 17 peeps, £140 for 24 hours, plus fuel, plus entrance fee (£10-£12).  So
> assuming 10 people, that's around £30 for the trip.

I'll check out my local place for what he offers now. Used him in the
past and pretty good.

> http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/content/museum1/AddminssionPrices.rhtm
>
> Does anyone else have a better price or access to a minibus (e.g. uni,
> community centre, something?)  If enough folks want to go, maybe a coach
> would be better (we can dream) and maybe bulk discount would be in the
> offing?  I know some Hackspace people are on here, so spread the word!

Hackspace, Uni, others are all very welcome :-)

Could even include camping if they really wish... ;-)

> I am licensed to drive a minibus (anyone who passed their test before
> 1997 should be OK too) and I even used to be MiDAS (oh er, get me).  But
> I have not driven such a vehicle for ages and I tend to channel Ayrton
> Senna when driving (I have stories).  So if someone else would rather...

Very willing to share, there or back. I should easily meet that
criteria. Even past the Uni test with flying colours. Err... Is that
MiDAS thing something recent?... ;-)

> Or maybe en masse by cars?  It's only 90 miles which would work out to
> nearer £20 per person (assuming 3-4 people per car and 40mpg).

Depends on how the numbers work. Folks?

> This email is merely to gauge interest, nothing else at the moment.

Yep!

Note also latest from ElReg:

Crypto-machine rebuilder honoured with new annual prize

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05/08/tony_sale_award/

"... Renowned Colossus-rebuilder Tony Sale..."

> Un, un!  Znqr lbh ybbx!

Ugg?!

That's not rot13! Doesn't look like Enigma either?

Or is this all to early in the morning?...

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg