[Nottingham] Running Ubuntu at Nottingham Uni

Louise Brown Louise.Brown at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 22 14:43:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

They're not overenthusiastic about it but they set up my machine with Windows and Ubuntu.  What they say is that they don't support Linux (maybe that explains the lack of response to my query).  I think if you've a good reason they'll do it for you.  In my case I'm running a cross-platform open source project so I have to know that the software builds in Linux before I release it.

Thanks for all the help everyone - I now have a working version of Ubuntu 12.04 and my Windows still works too!  :)

Louise