[Nottingham] Fwd: The UK's cruelest cut

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Thu May 24 12:41:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012, Martin wrote:

> Now... If we can set up our own revolution for FLOSS and the RasPi? :-)
>
> Can we convert Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire Borough
> Council to go all FLOSS for the benefit of all?

Sure, if you're willing to be patient about it. You'll likely need to
implement the bottom-up rather the top-down approach to have much success,
though.  Get FLOSS into the schools first, and get the kids used to it and
hooked on it instead of Microsoft.  Even Apple knows this, and it gave
them a nice in-road to the share of the market they have in the US today.

Sorry if that doesn't sound as exciting or satisfying as beating people
with a stuffed penguin on a stick though. :-/

Cheers,

-Stef