[Nottingham] Fwd: The UK's cruelest cut

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu May 24 14:49:34 UTC 2012

On 24/05/12 15:12, ForkBombFluf wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2012, Jason Irwin wrote:
>
>> On 24/05/12 13:41, ForkBombFluf wrote:
[---]
> However, it seems to me that if this sort of thing can work for them,
> then there must be some way to utilise the lever for "good" as well--
> such as threading FLOSS into what will become the society of tomorrow.

A start could be to try educating the educators...

Organise a FLOSS/Linux party for any and all teachers we might know?...

The hardest part will be to persuade them to give up some of their
precious time (and ours). The next hardest part may well be how to
follow through with the 'unlearning' or 'deprogramming' required from
all the Marketing they have been programmed by...

> (Or you could just invest in "Stuffed Penguins on Sticks Inc." and hope
> for the best)

Mmmm... A certain desperate group tried that in 1812 and thereabouts and
came to sticky end regardless. They did have some very successful
spinoffs...

Can You Keep A Secret?
http://www.mikron.org.uk/showDates.php?show=can-you-keep-a-secret

The more boring version is on:
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/PRluddites.htm

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg