[Nottingham] Ubuntu on windows 7

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:04:58 UTC 2012

On 29/05/12 16:52, T.J long thing wrote:
> With thanks to vm ware player and unity I can now run programs in ubuntu from my windows 7 desktop
VirtualBox can do this too and is more full-featured than VM Player.

> Every time I put my mouse near the windows 7 start button a unity button appears above allowing me
> access to my ubuntu vm without having to use two screens or flipping in
and out of vm player
Are you running VM Player in "Unity" seamless mode?  Or are you in fact
using WUBI?
VirtualBox can also run in a seamless mode.

For single-user/home/light-server use I would recommend VirtualBox over
VM Player any day.
Certainly on a GNU/Linux host VirtualBox is orders of magnitude easier
to deal with than VMWare (VBox can also read VMDKs.  Neat).

--
Jason Irwin