[Nottingham] Ubuntu on windows 7

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:20:28 UTC 2012

On 29/05/12 17:11, T.J long thing wrote:
> Will look when I get back into the office just something I did in the last 30 mins at work.
You've already left work?  SLACKER! :)

>Really thought I'd try out ubuntu's latest before I write it of completely
I'm still swithering between Unity, Gnome Shell and KDE.  I like Gnome
2, but MATE has too many UI issues for me to even consider it (menus
that always follow the mouse pointer?  Really?  Even Gnome2 had that
sussed).

> decided I like the speed hate being restricted to what I can do typing sudo before everything is anoying
"sudo su" or "sudo -i"

If you like having some proper CLI tools on Windows, install Cygwin (add
the bin folder to your path too).  ls, rsync, ssh arekey keystrokes away.

J.