[Nottingham] Apple Macs (and WiFi interference)

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:33:21 UTC 2012

On 14/11/12 20:50, Martin wrote:
> Oh no... Jason having a Bad Day...
A bit.  What confused me was the ping times.

For the cabled PCs it was so fast as to make no real odds (all sub 1ms).
For the Mac it was 5ms, 145ms, 21ms...all over the place.
Might be WiFi interference I guess, or other traffic; dunno.  Beyond
caring at the moment, might do more testing at the w/end.

CoRD did the trick, although it turned out to have a few rough edges:
1) Wouldn't switch servers when I wanted it to, which meant leaving full
screen to get to a different panel
2) A bit crashy on disconnects (it would restart and bring sessions back
nicely enough)
But still leagues ahead of the vomit from MS or Apple.

J.