[Nottingham] Wireless interference

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 20:07:54 UTC 2012

On 16/11/12 18:42, T.J long thing wrote:
> Just a thought about external wifi interference while reading
> comments on jason's mac problem. Can't we just line houses with
> copper mesh thus removing the problem with interference from devices
> outside the house, you could then connect your phone to your wifi and
> use that to connect to the outside world. Of course this assumes your
> phone is capable of connecting to a wifi router! TJ

Better than that, you could use foil backed fibre panel insulation and
have your place nicely eco-thermally insulated also.

All well and good but as noted, unless you have your own micro-cell,
your mobile devices become mute...

The BIG problem about these powerline ethernet devices is that they are
to be allowed to transmit broadband/wideband noise onto long unshielded
mains cables (that will act as aerials) at 1000x the power presumably
presently allowed...

Now, you can have your lovely Faraday Cage and yet still get blasted
from the transmissions squirting in on your mains cables...

I consider that to be nothing short of RFI vandalism.

Faraday Cage:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

RFI: Radio Frequency Interference

--
-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7