[Nottingham] mp4 playback audio slippage (loss of sync)

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Tue Sep 11 20:38:11 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:24:41PM +0100, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 11/09/12 19:53, Martin wrote:
> > cat file??.mp4 >video.mp4
> Shouldn't you be using ffmpeg or something?  I'll confess to only using
> it for basic transcoding.
>
> Kdenlive?  Kino?  LiVES?
> http://kdenlive.org/
> http://kinodv.org/
> http://lives.sourceforge.net/
>
> The easiest thing might be to keep the vids as separate files and just
> use a playlist.
>
> Heck, VLC can take a playlist and spit out a single, contiguous file.
> Won't let you do all the fancy-shmancy levelling of the others; but
> should do it if you are in a bind.

If just display is wanted then Xine has good playlist behaviour, we
used to use it (minus GUI) at the last place I worked for displaying
video adverts.  We did the playlists programmatically but I believe
there are third party editors for Xine playlists that are better than
the built-in editor.

Nick