[Nottingham] Two simple Apache 2questions (php getmyuid/getuid)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 12:30:06 UTC 2013

On 25/04/13 13:16, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 25/04/13 13:08, Jason Irwin wrote:
>> But getmyuid() still claims to be 0.
> getmyuid() did not do what I thought it did.  That is now resolved.
>
> Which means what I'm seeing looks like a bug on ownCloud.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.getmypid.php
http://php.net/manual/en/function.getmyuid.php

/Really/ zero (root) or zero meaning int ( FALSE ) due to error?...

Or "...returns the numeric user id of the user who *owns the file*
containing the current script not the effective user id of the user
*running* the current script.  Most applications will want the latter
which is provided by posix_getuid()."

That looks like quite a fiendish semantic trap to catch everyone.

FLOSS peer review in action? :-(

> Dammit.

Is that a technical term? ;-)

> Cheers for the help!

Always interesting to dive into another area of code :-)

And also a good check of my own setup ;-)

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg