[Nottingham] [Non-Linux] VPN contention?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 12:19:41 UTC 2013

On 05/08/13 09:29, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 03/08/13 12:12, James Moore wrote:
>> I think this is a Netgear router problem. Go into the control console
>> and enable ping on WAN.
> The SuperHub isn't being used as a router, it's just a modem.

Mmmm... I had to fall back to modem mode very early on. Shame the
SuperHub included WiFi hardware can't be taken advantage of but a fully
featured Linux kernel on something with a little more grunt and memory
works much more nicely :-) Much longer uptime also!

> If failed again on Friday morning, exactly the same as last week (and we
> had power trips too, just like last week).

Even a cheapie UPS is very worthwhile. There have been far too many
power blips not to have one. "nut" works well to control the UPS.

> Will leave everything as it is and see what happens this week.
>
> Then I'll try to ping on WAN.

Good and sensible for the incremental tweaks... Good luck!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg