[Nottingham] A Colossus of a Lego set - Bletchley Park Visit #2?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 11:53:30 UTC 2013

On 13/08/13 16:18, Martin wrote:
> On 13/08/13 16:14, Martin wrote:
>> On 06/08/13 13:19, Jason Irwin wrote:
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/06/lego_colossus/
>>
>> Thanks for that. Comment duly added to:
>>
>> Unravelling an Enigma
>> http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/2012/09/unravelling-an-enigma/3513
>>

>> Which is also a good reminder of our visit there nearly a year ago...
>>
>> Since then TNMOC have added a few more glowing tubes and clanking relays
>> and an awful lot more of the spaghetti tangle of wires to keep yet
>> another power station busy...

There's newly the WITCH and the beginnings of EDSAC. See:

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/2012/09/unravelling-an-enigma/3513#comment-234

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/2012/09/unravelling-an-enigma/3513#comment-413

>> Time for a revisit?!
>>
>> We woz there 09/09/2012 so we ain't got many weekends to go to reuse our
>> tickets...
>>

>> Who's game for 24th or 25th Sept for a daytrip to Bletchley?
>
> Ooooooops! 24th or 25th AUGUST that is!

OK, so that's the "Bank Holiday" weekend...

Hence 31st Aug or 1st Sept looks like a nicer fit. Who's interested?

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg