[Nottingham] Ouch (ssh keys)

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:10:34 UTC 2013

On 25/01/13 15:36, Rory Holland wrote:
> They'd still need to crack a 2048 or 4096-bit RSA key though, even with
> access to your id_rsa. As long as you have a secure passphrase you could
> tattoo your private key on your face and it wouldn't matter.
I put it to you that the kind of person who uploads their private key to
github (or "the cloud" or whatever) is the kind of person who didn't set
a passphrase or uses a simple dictionary word.  Assuming these are test
key, of course.

The idea of having an SSH key tattoo is amusing.  Maybe as a QR code to
be super-l33t?

J.