[Nottingham] KDE weirdness

stripes theotoky stripes.theotoky at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 27 07:39:39 UTC 2013

Slight advance with this.

Removing packages libmjpegtools-2.0-0 and transcode allowed me to run
apt-get -f install which sorted out 6 packages.

I have posted on the Debian forums a request for someone to run ls -alR
/var and send me the output so I can reset ownership and file permissions
to sort out the problems with exim4 and postgresql.

memtest+ and fsck don't seem to have any problems with the system.

So I really don't know what is going on. Startx still won't run and xinit
gives me an xterm in which I can run programs at about 1/4 of screen.

Odd

Stripes