[Nottingham] [OT] Completely Off-Topic, but surreal brilliance

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 16:30:29 UTC 2013

On 11/06/13 19:47, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 11/06/13 18:55, Martin wrote:
>> Anyone else with surprising web gems?
> Physics?  Pah!  No one told this guy's RC chopper.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lmeOfpxVU

Pah?

More like phew!

OK, so I'll admit. First thoughts were that all that was just a spoof
and faked with clever video. Until:

Bert Kammerer - Alpine Heli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbkhdioCHfw

So, yee-haa! By heck!! So, some very good batteries, a fixed hub rotor,
severe vectored thrust, a thrashed hub cyclic control, and some crazy
manoeuvring. That's just got to have electronic gyro stabilisation with
the controls commanding a computer "fly-by-wire". Still recklessly
impressive.

Here's a pilot's-eye view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYTuioRlzXk

Makes real-world helicopter displays look so tame. But then, real-world
is completely unforgiving of reckless displays!

I'll repost you with something equally impossible-but-real :-)

Levitation train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybOHPLVzeMU

Controlled Quantum Levitation on a Wipe'Out Track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZM4G77It3w

The wipeout track is nicely surprisingly clever ;-)

(Again, apologies for the 'music'!)

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg