[Nottingham] Brand new here...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 22:24:37 UTC 2013

Barry,

Welcome to the group!

On 17/06/13 21:24, BARRY WALKER wrote:
> Hi fellas and fellesses...
>
> Newbie here...
>
> Computer fanatic, with A1200(HD) up and running 24/7.
> PCLinuxOS 2009 on HHDless Acer Aspire Ane booting from, (note, NOT live), USB only.
> Debian Linux 6.0.x on HP notebook.
> Macbook Pro 13", OSX 10.7.5; I am using now.
> Finally UGH! Windows Vista primarily for use as WinUAE.

That's a good mix of stuff...

> Anyhow, hi to all and be gentle until I get to know your rules... ;oD

Rules?! What rules? ;-)

I think the rule as such is to "Be Excellent" and also to everyone else.

> BTW, live in Loughborough so might visit you at your venue soon...

Not too far away.

The main activity is on the list. Our website usually gets updated at
the very last moment...

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/

And I still have an old Creed tty machine... Originally intended for
Amtor, but then technology whizzes onwards very quickly!

I think you'll find quite a mix of distro lovers here. My main mix is
(in no particular order) Gentoo, Mandriva, Mageia, various *ubuntu,
Raspbian on a RasPi or two, and various look-see at a multitude of other
distros.

Questions/comments welcomed. Hope to see you round. Next social is a
long way step back in time this Thursday in Nottingham...

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg