[Nottingham] Wifi upgrade recommendations please!

Michael Erskine msemtd at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 21 10:08:25 UTC 2013

On 21 June 2013 06:49, James Moore <jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I dunno, seems very reasonable to me.
> Like everything else in life, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Don't knock the monkeys: sometimes a monkey is the right guy for the
job! Also, you can pay an elephant in peanuts (they just need more of
them!) :D

> Routers are no different. I've never come across a router with a USB port that you could load packages directly onto the router from, this is a definite selling point for me.

Absolutely: a USB samba share is great.

I'm thinking of trying a Buffalo N300
(http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N_V2) as it seems to get
good reviews from engineers and laypersons. I shall proceed unless a
compelling "STOP!" comes forth from the esteemed membership!