[Nottingham] [Talk] Tuesday 07/05/2013: Going Cloudy

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu May 2 14:36:17 UTC 2013

Folks,

'Ere to float heavenly as a feather on the breeze... :-)

Well. Poetry was never my strong point. Unless... /You really want/ to
get Vogon about it. So you'll be very relieved to hear through your ear
defenders that there's no Vogon poetry unless we have someone uttering
even worse gurglings from Derby! :-/

If that's far too far over everyone's heads, see:
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/2012/06/arhhgttg/3368

Ramblings aside, please float along to our *NEW VENUE THIS MONTH* at:

The Canalhouse
48-52 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7EH

Going Cloudy

"... our latest up-to-minute talk which will primarily focus on running
an ownCloud instance.  This will include installation, what it does,
what it can be made to do, how I intend to use it and generally how
awesome it is.

If you are involved in cloud computing, please do come along and add to
the debate.  For example, how does cloud computing differ to the
previous paradigms of time-sharing on main-frames and minis?  Or does
it?  Is it all just PR?

Come along, have some sustenance and begin to ponder a possible weekend
project. Or just watch the fun!"

Further detail on spectating or jumping in to fly on:

*7:30pm Tuesday 07/05/2013: Going Cloudy*
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/event/going-cloudy

This geekie adventure is being put together by Jason.

See ya there,

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg