[Nottingham] Question: Best command for copying large filesystem between disks?

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Fri May 24 16:35:28 UTC 2013

cp is the obvious goto. Have you got anything "special" in either file
system like symlinks or hardlinks? Are they both dumb data storage
partitions?

For "special stuff", a one-off rsync might cope better, but that handling
might come with a performance hit (that's conjecture - I've not proof or
experience in performance).

Dan