[Nottingham] Computerphile

Sean Riley (computerphile) sr at boardie.com
Fri May 31 13:25:33 UTC 2013

Thanks Martin and David,

yes the laptop was an afterthought really - I think the idea of
interesting things you can do with Linux, or places you don't expect to
find it might have some ground - I'm not looking for a niche to fill, we
already have a lot of subscribers who are interested in hearing things
from people who know.

The media centre idea is a good one - possibly a 'this is what you can
do for this much money which performs better than this apple device for
instance.... - for instance - again bringing from my own limited
experience, I have a NAS full of videos since my domestic camera went
tapeless, and aside from the footage I shoot for a living I have a
library of videos of my family, but I haven't seen an elegant solution
to let me stream those videos to the comfort of our lounge - I know its
possible but how do you set something like that up (biggest problem in
commercially available kit tends to be which file-types they support etc)

Apologies if this is seen as a ramble - will try to come on Tuesday -
might be easier to thrash some ideas out in person.

Sean
youtube.com/computerphile