[Nottingham] Hibernate issues

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 21:10:00 UTC 2013

I have been testing out exciting new (to me) features like sleep and
hibernate. Sleep works a total treat. Close the lid and it's snooze time.
Open the lid, log-in and all is right.

Hibernate...err...not so much. It all looks good. I can see the screen
lock, lots of disc activity and then the laptop powers off; but on restart
it is back to the usual log-in screen. No resume of previous session.

I am using Kubuntu 13.10 with encrypted BTRFS home folders on a Lenovo
T430. The few links I have found seem to show "it just works". Clearly I am
special.

How do I go about isolating the problem?