[Nottingham] Dropbox

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 20:05:25 UTC 2014

On 25/08/14 12:35, stripes wrote:
> I am trying to help my partner who is half a world away install and
> configure dropbox. She is behind a corporate firewall with badly
> configured proxies.
>
> She is using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS using gnome classic ...

I'd be very suspicious of the firewall and whether such as the Dropbox
site was blacklisted in whatever way...

(Myself, I would use other than any dropbox-like site in the first
place. Would a simple webdav host suffice?... ownCloud even?? ;-) )

Good luck and due caution?

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg