[Nottingham] Video recorder problem

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Sat Feb 22 09:52:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

They are all so out of date now I guess most folks do not have one around or
experience of them, but for me my Panasonic DMR-EX77 has given many years of
good service - until now!

I have a number of home videos on the 160Gb hard drive that I have been
converting to DVD mpeg files. Problem is that the DVD unit has failed and I
can neither record nor play DVDs. There are still some family videos that I
want to convert onto DVD.

My options seem to be -
buy another DVD recorder unit - too costly for a pensioner like me;
pay to have someone do the work for me - again too costly for 28 videos;
try to read the disk directly on my laptop machine.

I took out the Video hard disk and used a disk to USB converter kit and now I
can read the disk. It has taken ages to locate many fragments of mpeg data and
try stitching them together. However I could do with locating some index to
the videos to show what fragments belong together. There are two very special
films (daughter's graduation and murder mystery party) that so far I have not
been able to locate any fragments of.

Any offers or suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
Godfrey