[Nottingham] apt-get

Mike Cardwell nlug at lists.grepular.com
Tue Feb 25 23:23:10 UTC 2014

* on the Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:12:15PM +0000, stripes theotoky wrote:

> multi-arch has been active for years on this box.
>
> When trying to install libasound2-plugins:i386 I get the following. Which
> is why I deleted the dependency in /var/lib/dpkg/status but I would like to
> know why it is doing this.
>
> If I don't accept that solution the next one involves deleting 344 packages
> and leaving another 54 with unresolved dependencies.

Weird. I run Debian testing on several boxes, including the laptop I'm
using right now:

mike at ung:~$ dpkg -l|grep -iP 'skype|libasound'
ii  libasound2:amd64                             1.0.27.2-3                         amd64        shared library for ALSA applications
ii  libasound2:i386                              1.0.27.2-3                         i386         shared library for ALSA applications
ii  libasound2-data                              1.0.27.2-3                         all          Configuration files and profiles for ALSA drivers
ii  libasound2-plugin-equal:amd64                0.6-6                              amd64        equalizer plugin for ALSA
ii  libasound2-plugins:amd64                     1.0.27-2+b1                        amd64        ALSA library additional plugins
ii  skype                                        4.1.0.20-1                         i386         Wherever you are, wherever they are
mike at ung:~$

It has probably been over a year since I installed Skype originally
though so I'm not sure if I had to resolve any weird dependencies.
Also, this box was upgraded from Wheezy.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F