[Nottingham] Linux on HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11 -e102sa

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 15:13:51 UTC 2014

On 21/07/14 21:27, stripes theotoky wrote:
>> One note is:
>>
>> Screen resolution: 1366x768...
>>
>> For today's screens, you shouldn't be suffering anything less than HD
>> "1024p" rather than 768 ("720p-ish") vertical.
>
> Current screen on the Samsung is 900x600 I think this one is certainly
> higher than what I have.
>
> Main question is has anyone installed Linux on this machine and if so
> did they have any problems with it? Are there any hardware issues?

Some refurbished laptops I've just stumbled across which meet my minimum
recommendation for 1600 x 900 pixels screen resolution for current
laptops are:

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14555/HP-EliteBook-8540P-Core-i7-Dual-Core-2-66GHz-4GB-250GB-Windows-7-Pro-15-6-Laptop-DVD-RW/

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14918/HP-Elitebook-8540W-Intel-i7-720Q-Quad-Core-1-6GHz-8GB-250GB-DVD-RW-Windows-7-Pro/

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14824/HP-EliteBook-8540W-Core-i7-Dual-Core-2-66GHz-4GB-250GB-Windows-7-Pro-15-6-Laptop-DVD-RW/

Shame about the Win7 but note:

http://www.linlap.com/hp_elitebook_8540p

http://www.linlap.com/hp_elitebook_8540w

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/HP/EliteBook8540w/Squeeze

Hope of interest,

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg