[Nottingham] Linux on HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11 -e102sa

Michael Quaintance penfoldq at penfoldq.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 18:11:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14918/HP-Elitebook-8540W-Intel-i7-720Q-Quad-Core-1-6GHz-8GB-250GB-DVD-RW-Windows-7-Pro/
>

> http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14824/HP-EliteBook-8540W-Core-i7-Dual-Core-2-66GHz-4GB-250GB-Windows-7-Pro-15-6-Laptop-DVD-RW/

I'm writing this email on my work PC, a Core i5 HP EliteBook 8540W (Win7).
It's now 4 years old (has a Vista sticker :) ) and I'm looking forward to
an upgrade, mainly because this thing is _heavy_. Bear that in mind, if
you're thinking of going for one of these.

That said, the build quality is good, the display is decent (although I'd
certainly want a higher resolution for my own purposes) battery life is
slightly above average and it has a three-button touchpad! Linux support
should be very good but I have no direct experience here.

-Michael