[Nottingham] wifi weirdness

Paul reclusivegeek at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 11:08:44 UTC 2014

I have seen a similar problem with Apple Wireless and computer with Ubuntu 13.10 and 12.04LTS. Worked fine to other WiFi points but would not connect to the Apple one. It turned out to be the Apple wireless AP was dual band and it was being confused by the laptop. The solution the worked for me was to rename the 5GHz so the SSIDS were MyAccessPoint and MyAccessPoint(5GHz). All worked fine. Added bonus was I could select the 5GHz band on devices that supported it and got higher through put.

Hope this helps