[Nottingham] XP EoL, India shows the world who's BOSS

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:32:45 UTC 2014

With the Met and NHS begging MS to pay them goodness knows how much of your
tax for extended support, and banks in the UK screaming about the massive
cost of upgrades (all three being a puzzle, XP EoL is not exactly a
surprise); maybe India has a way forward.

http://thehackernews.com/2014/03/indian-banks-switching-to-linux-rather.html

Replacing ~115k ATMs with BOSS Linux (nice name). Could this result in a
turnkey solution for UK banks and their suppliers?

A nice short read, and I'm sure that some of you know w-a-y more about this
kind of thing than I do. Then again, I'm the kind of crazy fool who would
have factored in upgrading and EoL OS as part of standard maintenance.

J.