[Nottingham] A quiet compact PC?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 14:42:42 UTC 2014

On 20/03/14 15:12, Martin wrote:

> So far, the best looking 'fit' looks to be:
>
> http://www.saverstore.com/product/20376523/ZOTAC-ZBOX-AD06---Mini-PC---1-x-E2-1800-17-GHz---RAM-0-MB---no-HDD---Radeon-HD-7340---Gigabit-LAN---WLAN---8
>

> Still considering... The main considerations are must be non-laptop and
> that there must be no Windows installed!
>
> Will be using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
>

> Still looking for possible other contenders.
>
> I'm still looking at the various SBCs for myself. However, a bare SBC
> would be far too scary to be 'granny-friendly'!

Curiously, this is just dropped to half price:

Intel Next Unit of Computing Kit DC3217BY - UCFF - 1 x Core i3 3217U /
1.8 GHz - RAM 0 MB

http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?d=1&product_id=20362832&rw=y

Why might that be?

Not selling or there's something else much better for the price?

(For myself, that is crossed off due to the fan cooling needed.)

Suggestions welcomed!

--
-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7