[Nottingham] Log in to X11 at boot

Mike Cardwell nlug at lists.grepular.com
Mon May 26 11:32:34 UTC 2014

Hmm. Are you sure this has something to do with run levels? Just to be
clear, if I ssh in and run "startx" it all works fine. I just want this
to happen automatically at boot... Normally when I want things to happen
automatically at boot, I run them from /etc/rc.local or cron, but this
doesn't work for startx. I don't want to start up gnome or kde or get a
graphical login prompt or anything like that, I just want this simple
single x11 app to run as a particular user, automatically at boot.

Mike