[Nottingham] Faster Linux/Windows copies?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon May 26 19:41:27 UTC 2014

On 26/05/14 19:53, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 26/05/14 19:11, Martin wrote:
>> Or... FileZilla?
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
> And idea - used the client in the past. Great wee thing.
>
> I was more wondering if there was some Windows goody that I'd forgotten
> about (TFTP or something similar).
> My first thought was "Hey, NFS!" but that's not possible on Win 7
> without third-party tools.

Is that why all Windows users use Google or a "Drop box type" cloud
thingie?...

> Ho hum - files copied over now.

Good stuff.

Might your 40MBytes/s max be due to something like using a USB adapter
or a x1 PCIe slot or a maxed out (v)CPU?...

Any useful hints and tips? ;-)

(We could do with some more contributors/contributions to the NLUG
How/Misc pages... :-) )

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg