[Nottingham] Job vacancy: Linux Systems Administrator – SysOps / DevOps

Hazel hazel at meddlingmojo.com
Tue Oct 14 17:55:39 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I hope it is okay to post this here, I've seen people post relevant
job ads to the LUG mailing list before, and I thought this might be of
interest to some of you...

Work are looking for a Linux sysadmin to join their technical team to
lead the work on enhancing our cloud infrastructure. Full details
below the fold.

Location is Wymeswold, Leicestershire, on the border between Leicester
and Nottingham, and is about 30 minutes drive from any of Leicester,
Nottingham and Loughborough.

Salary is 28-38k depending on experience.

Please send replies to: recruiting at hiveonline.co.uk

Cheers,

Hazel

##################################

Linux Systems Administrator – SysOps / DevOps

Hive are a rapidly growing business providing online execution of
Sales Promotions to leading brands using our unique “proof-of
purchase” coding system. We’ve run promotions and long term loyalty
programmes for many well-known brands including Andrex, McVities, PG
Tips, Cow & Gate, The Sun, Anchor, Lurpak and Jus-Rol.

We are looking for an experienced person to help us manage and develop
our cloud infrastructure and code integration processes. This role
will work closely with our development teams to provide the support
necessary to allow for rapid code deployment and high levels of system
uptime.

You will join the Technical team and lead the work on enhancing our
Cloud infrastructure and continual integration processes.

The role involves:
* Leading a small team responsible for Infrastructure & Integration (2)
* Writing server configuration scripts using CF Engine
* Managing code deployments from mercurial respositories in Bitbucket
* Developing the continuous integration process using Bamboo
* Providing on-call cover in case of hardware or system problems, or
in support of maintenance windows.

You should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and
team-working skills. The ideal person will be able to show passion and
enthusiasm for all aspects of Systems Operations.

You must have:
* Advanced Linux System administration experience (CentOS & RHEL)
* Experience working with a cloud type infrastructure such as Amazon
Web Services or Rackspace Cloud
* Experience working with continuous integration tools such as Bamboo or Jenkins
* Experience using DVCS tools, e.g. Git or Mercurial
* The ability to prioritise, manage your own workload and that of your team
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the
ability to converse with people at all levels, especially
non-technical
* Your own transport to commute to our location

Nice but not essential:
* Designed and implemented medium scale systems with security in mind:
* Automated tests from development to staging
* Periodic penetration testing
* Remediate based on test results and proactively follow new vulnerabilities
* Experience working directly with clients and 3rd party suppliers
* Experience working for a small company

We’re about 40 strong and based in a purpose built office located on a
working farm in the beautiful Leicestershire countryside close to
Leicester, Nottingham and Loughborough. You’ll need your own
transport, however we’ve plenty of parking spaces!